Official Summary Report for the Banking and Cyber Security Workshop - Kigali,Rwanda 2012
The Banking and Cyber Security Workshop 2012, was organized in order to facilitate all players in the financial services market, Government agencies and other organizations to identify the technical, environmental and business risks that could lead to service vulnerability, weaken consumer confidence and ultimately cause brand damage and serious revenue decline.
Click on a photo to view the gallery
The format of the conference comprised:
These featured officials from the Governments and internationally acknowledged Banking infrastructure Security and Cyber Security experts.
These were organized around the main workshop themes:
• End to end risk mitigation in the ATM environment.
• Managing the business risks associated with ATMs, Cards and mobile financial transactions processing & Beyond
• Implementing secure smart cards – Proprietary and branded cards
• Cloud and Virtualization Security Threats
• Paperless Signing & Comprehensive Check Fraud Prevention
• Online Payment and Fraud Management.
• Payment Systems and their Challenges: The case of Rwanda
• Socialize with Fraudsters
• Evolution of Mobile Security
• Ethical hacking
• Emerging Fraud Trends in the Card space
• Detecting cyber-crime and how to stop it
• How the financial institutions can reduce the risk of internal frauds and unauthorized access to sensitive information
These aimed at facilitating additional and informal networking opportunities.